Imagining growing up seeing/hearing your parents arguing all the time in front of you. I lost count on how many times I heard the word "divorce".This was my childhood.
Being born in the Early 90s in the small countryside town in the northwest part of Cambodia was not a good timing, especially, when your parent were poor. My mother is a primary school teacher. She still is until today. My father was a soldier, a high ranking one as well (but not so high). Everything thing was good until one day my father got an accident. I was too young to even remember this. But I grew up seeing scars on his face. This changed my family and my life forever, for the worse.
He is always the way he is now since I can remember. As earlier mentioned, I was too young too even remember about the accident. From what I heard from my mom, it was a serious accident. Half of his face was almost crushed. Doctor had to reconstruct his head and it left head look uneven nowadays. His brain was badly affected as well. For the first few weeks after he woke up, he couldn't remember anything. When he started to remember things again, he had become (i would say) halfway mentally disable. He forgets thing often. Sometimes, he tell other people stuffs he just said earlier. He would not be able to go out and do a proper job. He kept making mistakes.
That was kinda push my mom to the edge. All the responsibilities fell on her. She had to take the lead as the breadwinner of the family. I know she was exhausted and stressed. She had to wake up very early in the morning (like 3 or 4 in the morning) and started to work until late at night. This took a toll on her physically and mentally and eventual it also had an effects on me as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment